Fluphenazine Decanoate/ Modecate still available?

Home Forums Discontinuation information Fluphenazine Decanoate/ Modecate still available?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sandra Coelho 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zakaria

Hi to all of the forum members,

I’ve just found this forum after some googling regarding fluphenazine decanoate discontinuation and have caught up on the forum threads.

Firstly to Mr A, I wish your mother a speedy recovery and I’m glad to hear that your local NHS trust agreed to purchase the German version. I would also like to thank you in setting up this forum.

My mother has been on Fluphenazine Decanoate 25mg/1ml since the late 90s and still is.
    After coming across various websites regarding the discontinuation and the official Sanofi reply posted on this forum, I enquired with my local GP and my local pharmacy (Boots) – both were unaware that Sanofi had made the announcement.

Currently, my mother is still on fluphenazine decanoate and is still part of her repeat prescriptions. At home, we only have 2 ampules remaining which expire in August 2019 and will be sufficient for her dose in July and August 2019. Recently, I had submitted a repeat prescription to see if the medication is available and Boots were able to order the fluphenazine in as a ‘special request’ which takes 5 working days to come into the store instead of the usual next day delivery.

I then received a call that the medication is ready for collection. When I went to collect the medication the expiry was for August 2019. I then spoke to the pharmacist and the pharmacist mentioned they will try to re-order in mid-August that way all of the old/current stock should have been discarded by then by the supplier.

This was last week so I am waiting until mid-August to see if Boots can order it in and will update you all as well.

I have spoken to other pharmacies in the local area and they are unable to order Fluphenazine Decanote 25mg/1ml but they are able to order Fluphenazine Decanoate 100mg/1ml.

Is anyone else on this forum still able to order them via repeat prescriptions?

#590 Reply

Sandra Coelho

Hi Zakaria

I am having the same problem as you, my mother has been on Modecate for nearly 40 years, she two is currently on repeat perscription and we have 2 left which will take her up to August 2019, I have tried to order it through my loacal pharmacist and they said I should wait until Mid August to see if I can get new stock. I am going to call around a few more pharmacist in my area to see if they can get it and will keep you informed. Fingers Crossed! I am also going to speak to her consultant about the German version to see if we can move her on that. Mr A if you do have any infomation on it that would be great. I am really concerned as I know this medication works for her and very concerened that she will relapse without it

#594 Reply

Mr A

Hi Sandra

They already stopped production of Modecate last year and our NHS trust pharmacist told us that what stocks are left will expire in October too. So, from what I understand it will be impossible to get hold of Modecate that hasn’t expired anywhere after that and the generic versions are the only alternative (other than different anti-psychotics of course).

I think you already saw what I wrote about getting the German version in the other thread, but in case anyone else wants to see it this is the link: https://modecateforum.org/forums/topic/german-generic-version/

Best of luck! Mr A

#602 Reply

Sandra Coelho

Thanks so much for coming back to Mr A, I have responded to your email, I have one further question that I have asked via email. If you can help me I would really appreciate it. I hope your mother is getting better

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Fluphenazine Decanoate/ Modecate still available?
Your information: